Loaded with bacon, cheddar, green onions and fresh tomatoes, this pierogi bake is awesome for a quick lunch or dinner.
I am now officially in my third trimester! Being pregnant is such a blessing, but I can’t say that time is flying, it’s slow and steady to the finish line. I have been busy getting my daughter’s big girl room ready, and shopping for baby boy clothing. It’s hard to believe that in about two months, we will be welcoming another family member! I know it won’t be easy the first few months but I am excited to be able to spend more time at home with my kiddos.
Having a newborn will leave less time for housework and cooking. That’s why I love easy meals like this one. The dish comes out delicious and filling, as a side dish or a main dish. Loaded with bacon, cheddar, green onions and fresh tomatoes, this pierogi bake is awesome for a quick lunch or dinner. This meal is so easy to make, the frozen pierogies are baked in the oven in a creamy sauce, then topped with all the extras that come on a loaded baked potato. This is the perfect cheesy comfort food, especially in this cold weather.
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen potato and cheddar pierogies
- 4-6 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the frozen pierogies in a baking dish coated with cooking spray or butter.
- Cook bacon in a saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium/low, add garlic to drippings in pan, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Then, add cream cheese and cook for a few minutes until the cream cheese had melted.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth to the cream cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over pierogies. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
- Remove from oven, uncover the foil and top with cheese, and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with reserved bacon, green onions, and tomato. Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.I love to see your creations! Don’t forget to tag me in an recipes you make, be sure to use hashtag #HerCupofJoy.You can find me on social media: Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Although I prefer to hangout on Instagram