Hello and welcome to Her Cup of Joy!
I am Katy, the author of this blog and I am excited to have you here.
I recently began this blog as a way to share recipes, my faith, and everyday life. I hope you are inspired by the positivity and creativity here. I am a wife, mommy to one, and devoted to Christ, our Savior!
Here are a few quick fun facts to get to know me better:
- I have always wanted a blog, but was very nervous to start one. I consider myself an introvert most of the time so this is a big deal for me. I love to bake and create new ideas.
- I am blessed with an amazing husband to whom I have been married to the love of my life for five years, we have known each-other since we were young teens. I also have 2 kiddos, a beautiful little girl and a baby boy.
- I was born in Ukraine and came here with my ambitious parents when I was only a year old I still wonder how they managed to survive on $50 and a few suitcases, and a $1,200 airfare loan.
- I have four brothers (all younger than me!), always wanted a sister and cried each time my mom would come home with the gender results, but I loved being the only girl in my family. It made me feel like an only child, yet I still experienced having multiple siblings. Now I have six sisters-in-law and they are all amazing!
- I am left-handed, which is normal here but back in Ukraine I would’ve been frowned upon in school. My mom spoke with my kindergarten teacher to make me use my right hand in class, and the teacher laughed and said she was a lefty herself.
- I have a Bachelors degree in Accounting and Business Management, and currently work part time as an accountant. I love my job but I wish accounting was a little more creative, maybe that’s why I decided to have a blog.
- Fitness has been something that is therapeutic to me, I love to run. Many women think that weight lifting will cause “bulkiness”, but that is so not true! If you can lift your toddler, than you shouldn’t be using 2 to 5 lb weights when working out 😉
- Shopping is a dislike for me, I can’t stand browsing through the racks and then coming out with nothing. Although I love new clothes, I wish someone would shop for me!
- I used to hate chocolate and couldn’t stand eating anything with chocolate, but lately it has been growing on me. If I had to choose, I would still pick white chocolate over regular chocolate any day.
Please contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the contact form below) with any questions or suggestions. I love hearing from you all!