Ingredients (9) 1 recipe Easy Pie Dough 3 eggs 1/3 cup brown sugar ½ cup corn syrup 1 tsp. vanilla 2 tbs. butter, melted ¼ tsp. salt 1 ½ cups chopped pecans Whipped cream for serving Try Amazon Fresh Nutritional Information Calories352 Fat20.16g Saturated fat3.83g Trans fat0.12g Carbs39.56g Fiber2.73g Sugar23.4g Protein6.45g Cholesterol67.62mg Sodium224.39mg Get fresh…
- 1 recipe Easy Pie Dough
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbs. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Whipped cream for serving
Try Amazon Fresh
- Saturated fat3.83g
- Trans fat0.12g
Get fresh food news delivered to your inbox
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.
Old fashioned pecan pie is definitely always right up our alley, but sometimes you want to mix things up a little and bake it as a tart. Our Easy Pie Dough recipe will work equally well in a tart pan as a pie dish. Caramel-y and buttery, full of brown sugar and crunchy pecans, this recipe from Chef Amanda Frederickson can be baked in a 18″ × 8″ rectangular or round 9″ tart pan.
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Make pie dough according to the recipe.
- 3On a well-floured surface roll out pie dough to an 18” x 8” rectangle about 1/8” thick. Using your rolling pin, transfer the pie dough to the tart pan and gently press into the pan, cutting away excess dough. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- 4Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork then cover completely with tin foil. Add pie weights to tart pan and blind bake for about 15 minutes. Carefully remove pie weights and continue to bake for about 5 minutes or until the tart shell is golden brown. Remove tart shell from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- 5In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, butter and salt. Mix well. Fold in the pecans then gently pour into tart shell.
- 6Bake pecan pie tart for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 7Serve pecan pie tart in slices with whipped cream.