Ingredients:2 pounds ground pork1/2 pound ground chicken6 ounces cooked chicken sausages (about 2 medium links, casings removed), chopped1 tart apple (such as Granny Smith), peeled and grated1/3 cup diced onion1/3 cup bread crumbs2/3 cup cream (or evaporated milk — any fat content is fine)1 teaspoon dried thymeKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste1…
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 6 ounces cooked chicken sausages (about 2 medium links, casings removed), chopped
- 1 tart apple (such as Granny Smith), peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup cream (or evaporated milk — any fat content is fine)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg, plus 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients but the hard-boiled eggs.
- 3. Press half the mixture into the pan, then gently press in the hard-boiled eggs, end to end. Mold the remaining mixture on top.
- 4. Cover with foil and bake until the juices run clear when you poke the loaf with a sharp knife, 1 1/2 hours.
- 5. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes. Take the loaf from the pan, let it cool completely, then wrap it well and chill overnight.