Crisp julienned vegetables add crunchy texture to wheat-free pasta. To prep them fast, try the Oxo Julienne Peeler ($10, Oxo.com).Ingredients:1/4 cup gluten-free tamari or soy sauce1/4 cup rice vinegar, divided2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil2 garlic cloves, minced2 tablespoons honey1 teaspoon Sriracha1 cup peeled, seeded, julienned cucumber1 cup peeled, julienned carrots1 cup julienned radishes2 scallions, thinly…
Crisp julienned vegetables add crunchy texture to wheat-free pasta. To prep them fast, try the Oxo Julienne Peeler ($10, Oxo.com).
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, julienned cucumber
- 1 cup peeled, julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned radishes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb brown-rice spaghetti
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (black or regular)
- In a large bowl, whisk together tamari, 1 tablespoon vinegar, oil, garlic, honey and Sriracha. In a separate bowl, toss together cucumber, carrots, radishes, scallions, remaining 3 tablespoons vinegar and salt. Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti as directed on package until al dente. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add shrimp. Drain noodle mixture and rinse with cold water, shaking out any excess. Add noodle mixture and vegetables to bowl with tamari dressing and toss. Top with sesame seeds.