Ingredients (8) 1 cup vegan mayonnaise 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon white miso paste ½ teaspoon onion powder ½ teaspoon garlic powder ¼ teaspoon dry dill ¼ cup firm tofu, pressed in advance and crumbled; see note (you may not need the full amount) Try Amazon Fresh Nutritional…
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry dill
- ¼ cup firm tofu, pressed in advance and crumbled; see note (you may not need the full amount)
Try Amazon Fresh
- Saturated fat1.33g
- Trans fat0.06g
Get fresh food news delivered to your inbox
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.
This vegan version of a classic blue cheese dressing is perfect for dipping our Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, or anything else you like to snack on. Crumbles of firm tofu mimic the chunky texture of traditional blue cheese sauce, while umami-rich ingredients like nutritional yeast and white miso lend a savory funk to the creamy base of vegan mayo and spices. Thin this out with a little non-dairy milk for a more pourable dressing to use on salads.
Note: Plan on pressing the tofu at least 30 minutes ahead of time. Getting out as much moisture as possible is key to the texture of this dressing. And be sure you’re buying firm or extra-firm tofu (not silken, which will fall apart). See vegetarian chefs’ best tips and tricks for tofu for more pointers.
Shopping List: You can find nooch in the health food aisle of many conventional stores, or buy nutritional yeast online. Ditto the miso paste, but be sure to look for white miso paste, which is the mildest form of miso (compared to yellow miso and red miso). We used Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo, but you can use whatever brand of vegan mayonnaise is your favorite.
What to buy
Delling Geometric Porcelain Ramekins, 6 for $18.99 on Amazon
Serve your dip in stylish bowls for extra points.
Buy Now ›
- 1In a medium bowl, combine vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, and white miso. Mix well until everything is combined.
- 2Add the crumbled tofu to the bowl (pressing it in advance is key to creating the proper blue cheese crumble texture effect, so make sure you’ve done that!); you may not want the full amount, so start with just a bit and add more until the sauce is as chunky as you want it.
- 3Add the dill and stir again to combine. Serve in a small bowl or ramekin for dipping your vegan buffalo cauliflower bites, or whatever else you like.