Photo by Alexandra Richards Prep time 2 hours 15 minutes Cook time 45 minutes Serves 6-8 Ingredients Dough 3 2/3 cups All purpose flour 1 cup Sugar 1 1/2 cups Mikyos vegan butter Filling and Assembly 1 pound Fresh figs with stems cut off 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar 1 teaspoon Orange zest 3 tablespoons…
2 hours 15 minutes
3 2/3 cups
All purpose flour
1 1/2 cups
Mikyos vegan butter
- Filling and Assembly
Fresh figs with stems cut off
1 1/2 cups
Vanilla bean, split length wise
Dedicated coconut (unsweetened) optional
- Dough: Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a good processor. Add vegan butter and pulse until the misfire resembles coarse meal (no large clumps of butter should remain). Pulse until dough comes together.
- flatten the dough into a disk like shape. Wrap tightly with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Filling and Assembly: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the stemless figs in a good processor and process till it’s minced (no large pieces should remain).
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until about 1/8 inch thick and place on parchment paper.
- Bake galette, toasting half way through, until crust is a deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Run a large offset spatula between tart and paper to release tart. Let cool on baking sheet before slicing. Serve with ice cream if desired.