Ingredients:chickpea water from one 14-ounce can¼ teaspoon cream of tartar⅓ cup superfine sugar¼ teaspoon peppermint extractInstructions:Preheat the oven to 200°F.Pour the chickpea water into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the cream of tartar and beat on the highest setting until the mixture is crazy stiff (it should fill up the inside…
- chickpea water from one 14-ounce can
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ⅓ cup superfine sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Pour the chickpea water into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the cream of tartar and beat on the highest setting until the mixture is crazy stiff (it should fill up the inside of the whisk and not move when turned upside down); this could take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how powerful your mixer is.
- With the mixer still going, add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each addition. Turn off the mixer and fold in the peppermint extract.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (you can also pipe them—just be sure not to deflate the air).
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 2 hours. Turn off the oven and let the meringues cool completely inside.
- Eat immediately or place in an airtight container and store for a few days.