Are you getting bored with your latte routine? Don’t like starting your mornings with something sweet? Quitting caffeine and looking for a new hot drink to fill that void? Good news! This Keto bone broth latte is here to save your morning and your taste buds! If you’ve never heard of a savory latte, you…
Are you getting bored with your latte routine? Don’t like starting your mornings with something sweet? Quitting caffeine and looking for a new hot drink to fill that void? Good news! This Keto bone broth latte is here to save your morning and your taste buds! If you’ve never heard of a savory latte, you are not alone. But with its dash of cumin and coconut cream, this savory latte will leave you wondering why you hadn’t tried it before. The base ingredient here is bone broth, so make sure you have plenty available because once you try this recipe, you’ll find yourself craving bone broth lattes every day.
5 Health Benefits of Cumin
Cumin has been used in traditional medicine for many years and modern science has confirmed its many health benefits.
- Cumin is good for digestion – Cumin has been traditionally used to allay indigestion and scientists have now found evidence that cumin can even improve digestion. One possible reason for this effect is that cumin can enhance the activity of enzymes in the digestive tract [1, 2].
- Cumin is rich in iron – A single teaspoon of cumin has almost 20% of your recommended daily iron intake .
- Cumin contains antioxidants – Cumin contains many compounds associated with health benefits, including antioxidants. Antioxidants have been linked to a number of positive effects, including decreased chances of heart disease [4, 5, 6].
- Cumin may help with blood sugar control – While many scientific studies focus on dietary supplements and test tube concentrates, there is ample scientific evidence that simply using cumin routinely as a seasoning can help control high blood sugar [7, 8].
- Cumin shows anti-inflammatory properties in tests – Several important compounds in cumin have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties. However, more research is needed to show the full extent of the effects and which compounds are most important. [9, 10].
Get the Scoop on Keto Bone Broth
As a staple of Keto and Paleo diets, bone broth is beloved for its flavor, its rich texture, and its high collagen content.
You can buy bone broth from the store, but it isn’t hard to make and that way you can be sure that you know all the ingredients that go into your latte. You can make your broth on the stove or in the instant pot. You can also flavor your bone broth while cooking with spices like turmeric or cardamom and ginger.
More Hot Keto Drinks to Get You Through the Cold Weather
- Keto Coffee (pro tip: Add CoBionic Indulgence for a collagen-boosted mocha delight!)
- Keto Hot Chocolate
- And more!
Skip the morning sweetness and reach for bone broth instead with this latte
Heat up the bone broth, add in the rest of the ingredients, and whisk well.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
Louise holds a Bachelors and Masters in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University (UK). She attended Columbia University for her JD and practiced law before co-founding Louise’s Foods, Paleo Living Magazine, Nourishing Brands, & CoBionic. Louise has considerable research experience but enjoys creating products and articles that help move people just a little bit closer toward a healthy life they love.