When cooking shrimp in boiling water, 2 minutes does the job. Overcooking toughens them.Ingredients:3/4 pound cooked large shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails removed), halved crosswise1/2 pound fresh lump crabmeat, cartilage removed1/2 pound fresh lobster meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces1/4 cup finely diced carrot1/4 cup finely diced celery1 tablespoon drained tiny capersSalt and freshly ground black pepper,…
When cooking shrimp in boiling water, 2 minutes does the job. Overcooking toughens them.
- 3/4 pound cooked large shrimp (peeled, deveined, tails removed), halved crosswise
- 1/2 pound fresh lump crabmeat, cartilage removed
- 1/2 pound fresh lobster meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrot
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon drained tiny capers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely minced red or green jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup highest quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1. Place the shrimp, crab, lobster, carrot, celery and capers in a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold together the ingredients, being careful not to break up the crab too much. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Add the jalapeño pepper and parsley, then carefully fold in the olive oil and lemon juice, tasting as you go along. Adjust the seasonings and serve immediately, or chill for up to 6 hours. Divide seafood between 8 wine glasses for serving.