An omelette with spicy Italian sausage, sweet roasted red pepper and melted cheese covered in a tasty marinara sauce.Ingredients:1 teaspoon oil1 tablespoon onion, finely diced1 small clove garlic, chopped1/2 link Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled2 eggs, lightly beaten1/2 roasted red pepper, sliced1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated3 tablespoons mozzarella, grated1/2 cup easy marinara sauce1…
An omelette with spicy Italian sausage, sweet roasted red pepper and melted cheese covered in a tasty marinara sauce.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 link Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup easy marinara sauce
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in small no-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sausage and cook until the sausage just starts to brown, breaking it up as it cooks and set aside.
- Turn the heat down one notch and pour in the eggs.
- When the eggs just starts to set, after about a minute, sprinkle the sausage over half of the eggs along with the roasted red pepper and the cheese on top.
- Cook until the eggs are just about set fold the side that is not covered over the other side and slide it onto a plate.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the omelette and garnish with parsley.