Hello and welcome to Her Cup of Joy!
I am Katy, the author of this blog and I am excited to have you here.
I began this blog in March 2015 as a way to share recipes, my faith, and everyday life. I hope you are inspired by the positivity and creativity here. I am a wife, mommy to two, and devoted to Christ, our Savior!
Here are a few quick fun facts to get to know me better:
- I have always wanted a blog, but was very nervous to start one. I consider myself an introvert most of the time so this is a big deal for me. I love to bake and create new ideas.
- I am blessed with an amazing husband to whom I have been married to since 2011, we have known each-other since we were young teens. I also have 2 kiddos, both a 5 year old girl and a 2 year old boy. They are mischievous most of the time but they melt my heart!
- I was born in Ukraine and came here with my ambitious parents when I was only a year old. I still wonder how they managed to survive on $50 and a few suitcases, and a $1,200 airfare loan. Thankfully, they were very hard workers and inspire me daily to be like them.
- I have four brothers (all younger than me!), always wanted a sister and cried each time my mom would come home with the gender results, but I loved being the only girl in my family. It made me feel like an only child, yet I still experienced having multiple siblings. Now I have six sisters-in-law and they are all amazing!
- I am left-handed, which is normal here but back in Ukraine it would’ve been frowned upon in school. My mom spoke with my kindergarten teacher to make me use my right hand in class, and the teacher laughed and said she was a lefty herself.
- I have a Bachelors degree in Business Management specializing in Accounting, and currently work part time as an accountant. I love my job but I wish accounting was a little more creative, maybe that’s why I decided to have a blog.
- Fitness has been something that is therapeutic to me, I love to run or turn on a fitness video from YouTube. I don’t have a gym membership and will probably never get one! There are so many options online and so many things to do outdoors to get fitness in.
- Shopping is a dislike for me, I can’t stand browsing through the racks and then coming out with nothing. Although I love new clothes, I wish someone would shop for me! Lately, I’ve been shopping online, it’s so much easier with kids.
- I used to hate chocolate and couldn’t stand eating anything with chocolate, but lately it has been growing on me. If I had to choose, I would still pick white chocolate over regular chocolate any day.
Please contact me at email@example.com (or use the contact form below) with any questions or suggestions. I love hearing from you all!